Saturday 1 February 2014

January beauty favourites




 I haven't posted in a very long time! It's because after I got locked out of my original blog and had to start again I did a few posts but then I just lost motivation... I have now changed the name of my blog (used to be BonjourPerfection), deleted all my posts and am completely starting again! So for a "first" post I thought if would do my January beauty favourites. I am going to do these every month but I'm still unsure if I'm going to do non-beauty favourites, so let me know in the comments!


My mac palette consisting of (top) woodwinked, charcoal brown, (bottom) all that glitters and naked lunch- these have definitely been the colours I have reached for most days! I'm planning on doing a full review of these eye shadows soon so I won't say too much now, but they are super pigmented, really flattering and I can do several different whole eye looks (including brows and highlighting!) with just these 4! 

Mac 217 brush - I have wanted this brush for such a long time but I was always putting it off due to the £18 price. After trying a lot of cheaper blending brushes and not being completely satisfied I decided just to go for it and so I bought it... And I am so glad I did! It blends the eyeshadow so seamlessly and makes a smoky eye a hell of a lot easier. 

No 7 Instant Radiance Blush Palette - I love the packaging and the mosaic effect, it can give such a natural glow or can build it up to quite a bright cheek! I cannot say enough good things about this, I'm just loving it! 

Revlon Lip Butter in 035 Candy Apple - this is the perfect "definitely red but not too scary or bright" colour. It's a beautiful colour but as it's a lip butter it translates quite sheer - although you can build it up! 

Zoeva 230/ pencil brush - I have loved using this brush for bringing the eyeshadow under my eye, to act as an eyeliner below the waterline. It is such an easy shape to use and also does an amazing job of blending eyeliner on the lid! It is such good quality and cleans easily as well! 


Benefit High Beam - I have had this for a really long time but never loved it so didn't really use it regularly. However this month I have forced myself to use it and once you get the hang of it, it really is beautiful! It gives a natural glow and considering it is a liquid product it is quite long lasting! 

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-free Moisturiser - For all you oily girls like me, this is a definite winner! It is so important to moisturise but with oily skin it can prove difficult to find the right one. I love the smell of this and it keeps most of my skin hydrated without bringing any excess oil! I say it keeps "most" of my skin hydrated  because I have oily/ combination skin and have some really dry patches... It doesn't completely solve the dry patches so i am still searching for my perfect moisturiser but I wanted to include it as it is my favourite so far...

Katy Perry Killer Queen perfume - I usually change my perfume everyday so when I wear one non stop for a while I know it's good! I cannot explain scents so I'm not even going to try but I would recommend you to go and take a smell of it! The bottle isn't practical as it doesn't stand up and the lid is a lot bigger than it needs to be but once you get over that, the smell is amazing. 

So they are my January beauty favourites, if you have oily/ combination skin and have found the perfect moisturiser please let me know in the comments! Also, let me know your January favourites in the comments, I would love to know! 

2 comments:

  1. It must be tough having to start your blog all over again. Oh, and I really want to try more Neutrogena skincare products, they sound great!
    Btw, I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete